PSC’s Internship Program supports workforce development in the state of Pennsylvania. Through this program, undergraduate students become immersed in research and development projects in areas such as data analytics, computational science and bioinformatics, while working with some of the world’s leading experts in their fields.
2019 Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE)
(Sponsored by: Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), University of Pittsburgh (Pitt), Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC) and the NSF Center for Space, High-performance, and Resilient Computing (SHREC)
SURE provides qualified students the ability to work under the mentorship of staff, grad students and faculty affiliated with PSC and SHREC. Some positions may be eligible for research credits or a stipend.
Projects to be covered this summer include the following:
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Optane Memory Hardware/Software Integration
- Applied Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- FPGA/SoC Design
- Updating PSC Allocations/Account Mgmt Infrastructure
- Monte Carlo Methods for Simulating Microphysiology
- Customizing Open OnDemand for PSC Environment
- Exploratory Data Analysis for TCP Metrics
- GPU Applications
- Deep Learning for Neuron Tracing
How to Apply
Details for the above positions, including desired majors, are available at www.psc.edu/employment.