Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center is a joint computational research center with Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh. Established in 1986, PSC is supported by several federal agencies, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and private industry.
PSC provides university, government and industrial researchers with access to several of the most powerful systems for high-performance computing, communications and data storage available to scientists and engineers nationwide for unclassified research. PSC advances the state of the art in high-performance computing, communications and data analytics and offers a flexible environment for solving the largest and most challenging problems in computational science.
The Data Management Intern will work with PSC’s Biomedical Applications Group to manage metadata collected from data submitters. They will also design and implement workflows to streamline the metadata updates of data collections.
Our internships offer the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable experience and knowledge in research computing.
- Network with leaders in academia and industry to form valuable relationships.
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals and at prominent conferences.
- Managing metadata collected from data submitters.
- Designing and implementing workflows to streamline the metadata updates of data collections.
- Leveraging various software platforms such as Excel and R/RStudio for data wrangling.
- Gain experience working with and updating Postgres databases.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate degree. Examples of relevant majors are Information Science, Data Science, Biological Sciences, STEM fields, or any other relevant major.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Knowledge of programming in R is desirable, but not required.
- Experience using spreadsheet software.
- Basic understanding of databases is desirable, but not required.
This internship is open to anyone currently enrolled in an undergraduate program. This is a hybrid in-person/ remote or fully in-person position and all work must be conducted while in the United States. Our offices are located at 300 South Craig Street, Pittsburgh, PA.
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com before February 29, 2024.