Job Type Preferred Website Development
Job Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Level Undergraduate Student Employment
Start Date Any
Job Title Website Development intern
Job Description PSC, a national leader in data-intensive, high-performance computing, is seeking undergraduate interns to collaborate with PSC staff on the creation and dissemination of scientific information. Examples of possible projects include:
- Maintaining the front and back end of a Joomla based website.
- Creating online tutorials for scientific simulation software using Sphinx.
- Creating and editing videos for tutorials and lectures.
- Collecting and editing announcements from PSC staff and disseminating it to social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
- Installing and testing software on lab computers for lectures and workshops.
Job Requirements Successful candidates will have the following:
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Joomla, Python, Markdown, reStructuredText, Sphinx, PostgreSQL, Django.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work in a team environment.
Positions Available 1
Salary Information Hourly rate
Work Period Up to 35 hours per week
Student Employment Undergraduate students
How to Apply: Submit a short statement to Jacob Czech (email@example.com) in the form of a cover letter to describe why you are qualified for the job and your interests along with a current resume.
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center is a joint effort of Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh and provides university, government, and industrial researchers with access to several of the most powerful systems for high-performance computing, communications and data-handling available to scientists and engineers nationwide for unclassified research
Carnegie Mellon considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.