User Services Intern
Job Type Preferred User Services
Job Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Level Undergraduate Student Employment
Start Date Any
Job Title User Services Intern
PSC, a national leader in data-intensive, high-performance computing, is seeking undergraduate interns to collaborate with PSC staff in supporting the needs of our user base. Projects will relate to advancing the user services program at PSC. Examples of possible projects include:
- Making direct email and/or telephone contact with users of the PSC advanced systems to assist with their needs.
- Working closely with a PSC Scientific Expert to update and test new user facing code.
- Developing tools to better anticipate the needs of the PSC end users.
- Mining existing reports to determine trends and anticipate future needs.
Job Requirements Successful candidates will have the following:
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree. Examples of relevant majors are computer science, engineering or any major with a significant computational/programming component or science component.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work in a team environment.
Duration Summer and academic year if applicable.
Positions Available 1
Salary Information Hourly rate
Work Period Up to 40 hours per week
Student Employment Undergraduate students
How to Apply
Submit a short statement to Tom Maiden (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the form of a cover letter to describe why you are qualified for the job and your interests along with a current resume.