The Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC), a joint research center of Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, was established in 1986, and for over 30 years has provided university, government, and industrial researchers with access to several of the most powerful systems for advanced computational research, communications and data storage available to scientists, engineers and scholars nationwide for unclassified research. PSC advances science across a wide spectrum of fields, including artificial intelligence/machine learning, medical imaging, weather modeling, cell biology, and genomics.
Our team at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC) is seeking a highly organized and motivated individual to serve as a full-time Project Manager. This position will report directly to the Director of the PSC and will provide overall project management support for projects similar to the NIH Human BioMolecular Atlas Program (HuBMAP, http://hubmapconsortium.org) and Brain Image Library (http://www.brainimagelibrary.org). This is an exciting opportunity to enhance PSC’s project management functioning in a technical environment working closely with project teams that include scientific and technical team members.
Responsibilities are determined by active project needs. Examples include:
- Managing communications with PSC collaborative partners and funding agencies across multi-site and multi-national projects.
- Coordinating milestone planning and execution utilizing the Agile software development methodology, including sprints and retrospectives.
- Representing PSC to external collaborators at meetings and conferences.
- Scheduling and leading meetings and conference calls on diverse topics (from budgets to project management to collaboration) between teams, taking well-organized and thoughtful minutes, and developing and following up on action items.
Skills and experience:
- Proficiency with project management and project management software (e.g. Asana)
- Experience managing complex projects and collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams
- Preferred: Familiarity with Github for issue tracking and version control
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (preferably computer or information science) or equivalent professional experience required
- 1-3 years of relevant technical project management experience required
- Strong organization, planning, analytical, interpersonal, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- External relations experience
- Preferred: Experience in a technical environment
- Preferred: Experience in working in multi-project science-related organizations
- Successful background check
Are you interested in this opportunity with us? Please apply
CMU’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Those granted an exemption must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements, including use of facial coverings, daily self-assessment and weekly Tartan Testing.