Job Type Preferred: Software Testing and Documentation
Job Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Level Undergraduate Student Employment
Start Date Any
Job Title Software Testing/Documentation Technician
PSC, a national leader in data-intensive, high-performance computing, is seeking an undergraduate student to work with PSC staff scientists on biomedical research projects. Examples of possible projects include:
- Installing and testing software on PSC high-performance computers and workstations.
- Creating and running regression tests for scientific software.
- Writing UNIX and/or Python scripts to automate tasks.
- Creating online documentation, demos, and software tutorials.
- Monitoring social media platforms and posting staff announcements, responses, and other approved materials.
Job Requirements Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be pursuing an undergraduate degree, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- Be familiar with one or more of the following: Linux, Python, Git, Vagrant, VirtualBox, Docker, Java, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Markdown, reStructuredText, Sphinx, PostgreSQL, Django.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and creativity along with proficiency in written communication.
- Able to work independently within a team environment.
Duration Spring and/or summer
Positions Available 1
Salary Information Hourly rate
Work Period Up to 15 hours per week during the spring semester and up to 35 hours per week in the summer.
Student Employment Undergraduate students
How to Apply:
Submit a short statement to Jacob Czech (email@example.com) in the form of a cover letter to describe why you are qualified for the job and your interests along with a current resume.