Software Developer Intern
Job Type Preferred Software Developer
Job Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Level Undergraduate Student Employment
Start Date Any
Job Title Software Developer
PSC, a national leader in data-intensive, high-performance computing, is seeking undergraduate interns to collaborate with PSC staff on the development and implementation of information systems and data analytic systems. Examples of possible projects include:
- Developing web based user interfaces in Ruby on Rails and Perl that interact with back-end Postgresql and InfluxDB databases.
- Developing Perl, Ruby or Python scripts to parse data files and store data to PostgreSQL and InfluxDB databases.
- Monitoring and Reporting HPC Systems.
- Enhancing HPC systems with data analytics.
- Database query reporting to web forms and email.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree. Examples of relevant majors are computer science, statistics, or any major with a significant computational/programming component.
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Python, Perl, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, RESTful API,InfluxDB, Puppet, Grafana, Naemon, data mining, predictive analytics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work in a team environment.
Duration Summer and academic year if applicable.
Positions Available 1
Salary Information Hourly rate
Work Period Up to 40 hours per week
Student Employment Undergraduate students
How to Apply:
Submit a short statement to Robin Scibek firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of a cover letter to describe why you are qualified for the job and your interests along with a current resume.