Software Developer – 2007914
The Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC) is seeking two experienced Software Developer’s to join PSC’s Public Health Applications group. This is a dynamic opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment.
PSC’s Public Health Applications group empowers public health decision-making to mitigate a wide range of global public health threats including influenza, malaria, obesity, and antibiotic-resistant bacteria. The diverse team includes scientists, modelers, software developers, and high-performance computing (HPC) specialists. The Public Health Applications Group works closely PSC’s other science and technology groups, particularly Artificial Intelligence and Big Data, Advanced Systems, and User Support for Scientific Applications.
You will contribute to public health modeling, translating modeling tools to new and broader audiences for national and international public health decision support. You will also work collaboratively to develop large-scale simulation software for cutting-edge computational hardware, develop data-intensive analyses and visualizations, and couple sophisticated software tools with accessible, user-focused services and interfaces. Your work will entail publishing, presenting, and leading or contributing to attracting future funding.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with collaborators at PSC and other institutions to facilitate advances in computational public health modeling.
- Prepare documentation, examples, and training materials, and contribute to workshops, briefings, and broad efforts in education, outreach, and training.
- Develop research opportunities and attract external funding. Lead or assist with the development of proposals to national agencies, foundations, and other entities.
- Document results, communicating significant findings through publications, conferences, or other professional channels.
- Support the development of computationally demanding and data-intensive modeling, analysis, and visualization workflows.
- Develop test suites and best practices, conduct performance analyses, interpret results, and assist with the design, specification, and optimization of relevant systems and software.
- Some travel may be required, as well as the flexibility to work effectively with external collaborators in different time zones.
Please see more about these positions and apply at: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/index.html