The Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center, a joint research center of Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, was established in 1986, and for over 30 years has provided university, government and industrial researchers with access to several of the most powerful systems for advanced computational research, communications and data storage available to scientists, engineers and scholars nationwide for unclassified research. PSC advances science across the spectrum including artificial intelligence / machine learning, medical imaging, weather modeling, and genomics.
Our team at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC) is seeking a highly organized and motivated individual to serve as a Project Manager. This position will report directly to the Director of the PSC and will provide overall project management support for our large-scale platform projects, Bridges-2 (https://www.psc.edu/resources/bridges-2/) and Neocortex (https://www.cmu.edu/psc/aibd/neocortex/). This is an opportunity to join a growing team at the nexus of technology, research, and software development dedicated to helping the scientific community solve challenging and complex problems
Responsibilities are determined by active project needs. Some examples are as follows:
- Providing project management across center-wide activities, coordinating with individual project managers, and work with the director and the PSC management team to ensure that projects are delivered on-time
- Managing communications with center collaborative partners and funding agencies across multi-site and multi-national projects.
- Assisting the director and management team to review current status of budgets and help to ensure spending is commensurate with center-wide needs.
- Managing and documenting customer relationship activities including academic, government, and corporate external customers.
- Representing the center to external collaborators at meetings and conferences.
- Leading meetings and conference calls on diverse topics (from budgets to project management to collaboration) and take well organized and thoughtful minutes and develop and follow-up on action items.
- Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within PSC. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued proficiencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
- 1 year of relevant professional experience required
- Strong organization, planning, analytical, interpersonal, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in working in multi-project science-related organizations preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and external relations
- Experience with customer service and marketing a plus
- Experience in a technical environment a plus
You should demonstrate:
- Proficiency with project management and project management software (e.g. Asana).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Client service focused mentality to project management.
- Successful background check
Are you interested in this opportunity with us? Please apply