The Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center (PSC), a joint research center of Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, was established in 1986, and for over 30 years has provided university, government and industrial researchers with access to several of the most powerful systems for advanced computational research, communications and data storage available to scientists, engineers and scholars nationwide for unclassified research. PSC advances science across a wide spectrum of fields, including artificial intelligence/machine learning, medical imaging, weather modeling, cell biology, and genomics.
Our team at PSC is seeking a highly organized and motivated individual for a Project Coordinator opportunity. This position will provide overall project management support for the Common Fund Data Ecosystem (CFDE), National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) ATLAS Center, Cellular Senescence Network (SenNet), Human BioMolecular Atlas Program (HuBMAP) and other projects as needed. This is an opportunity to join a growing team at the nexus of technology, research, and software development dedicated to helping the scientific community solve challenging and sophisticated problems
Responsibilities are determined by active project needs. Some examples are as follows:
- Lead and schedule meetings on diverse topics with varying stakeholders while maintaining well organized and thoughtful minutes to develop and follow-up on action items
- Liaise with managers and project sponsors to define project requirements, scopes, and objectives that align with organizational goals
- Write and submit project status reports on timeline determined by funding agency
- Document management and organization for project teams
- Serve as a point of communications for center collaborative partners and funding agencies across multi-site and multi-national projects
- Assist project leadership teams to review current status of deliverables, & milestones, to draft project execution plans and reports, and assist in risk management processes
- Collaborate with project teams to develop, implement, and optimize team processes in pursuit of project goals
- Manage relationships with stakeholders and community members through all phases of the project(s)
- Other tasks as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within PSC. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued proficiencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
- 1-3 years of proven experience required
- Strong organization, planning, analytical, interpersonal, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record to quickly learn and understand sophisticated topics and propose resolutions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong team player who can build strong relationships within all levels of the organization and across project teams and is willing to contribute where needed
- Comfortable communicating through various platforms including Slack, email, Zoom, etc.
- Knowledge of project management best practices and methodologies and proficiency with project management software (e.g. Asana, JIRA)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders who may be on-site or remote
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient at managing multiple stakeholder priorities while managing project goals.
- Client service focused mentality to project management
- Experience in working in multi-project science-related organizations preferred
- Successful background check
- This position resides at CMU’s Oakland campus and requires presence in office a minimum of 3 days per week
Joining the CMU team opens the door to an array of exceptional benefits, available to all full-time CMU employees. Experience the full spectrum of advantages, from comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance to enticing retirement savings programs. Unlock your potential with tuition benefits, and take well-deserved breaks with generous paid time off and holidays. Rest easy knowing you are covered by life and accidental death and disability insurance. For a comprehensive overview of the benefits awaiting you, explore: https://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance.
At Carnegie Mellon, we value the whole package when extending offers of employment. Beyond just credentials, we consider the role & responsibilities, your invaluable work experience, and the knowledge gained through education and training. We acknowledge and appreciate your unique key skills and the diverse perspectives you bring. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive work environment means we also account for geographic differentials. Your journey with us is about more than just a job; it’s about finding the perfect fit for your professional growth and personal aspirations.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply today!