PSC is seeking a creative and versatile Design and Marketing Specialist to join our communications and outreach team! This is a unique role that combines aspects of marketing, and design to advance our mission and serve the multiple research projects at the center. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable working independently and collaboratively with diverse teams.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with project teams to collect and determine project communications needs and design requirements
- Manage the visual identity of multiple projects
- Develop marketing campaigns for projects and events
- Build layouts, edit videos and create graphics for PSC and project websites and social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Implement UI elements in Html/CSS and/or via WordPress for updates to websites
- Conceptualize, design, and implement creative graphics and content, both print and digital, on time and within budget
- Develop and design layouts, inclusive of copy and images for email campaigns, annual reports, presentations, promotional materials, etc.
- Maintain and update print and web style guides for brand consistency
- Maintain and update existing presentations and collateral; design new material, build branded collateral for partner and project presentations and trade shows
- Manage, implement and maintain PSC social media plan
- Analyze web traffic to find opportunities for improvement and develop content for target audiences
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within PSC. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued proficiencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who can effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or related field
- 1-3 years experience in graphic design for a company or agency, experience in technical or scientific environment a plus
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
- Team player who can build positive relationships within all levels of the organization and across project teams
- Preferred experience with CRM systems
- Preferred experience with Canva
- Experience with WordPress
- Video editing experience preferred but not required
- Familiarity with productions and rendering methods, including drawing, offset printing, photography, and interactive media
You should Demonstrate:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Ability to work with programming scripts, including XML and HTML required
- Proven track record for creating and implementing successful campaigns
- Demonstrate an innate curiosity and willingness to learn beyond existing domain expertise
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Successful background check
- This position resides at CMU’s Oakland campus and requires presence in the office a minimum of 3 days per week
- During the interview process, you may be asked to provide samples of your work and/or submit a portfolio of completed work
- May require travel up to 15%
Joining the CMU team opens the door to an array of exceptional benefits, available to all full-time CMU employees. Experience the full spectrum of advantages, from comprehensive medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance to enticing retirement savings programs. Unlock your potential with tuition benefits, and take well-deserved breaks with generous paid time off and holidays. Rest easy knowing you are covered by life and accidental death and disability insurance. For a comprehensive overview of the benefits awaiting you, explore: https://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance.
At Carnegie Mellon, we value the whole package when extending offers of employment. Beyond just credentials, we consider the role & responsibilities, your invaluable work experience, and the knowledge gained through education and training. We acknowledge and appreciate your unique key skills and the diverse perspectives you bring. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive work environment means we also account for geographic differentials. Your journey with us is about more than just a job; it’s about finding the perfect fit for your professional growth and personal aspirations.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply today!