Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
Oversees outreach programs for the PSC, including
- PSC Corporate Affiliates Program through which private sector companies can utilize PSC resources and expertise.
- PSC educational outreach programs, with a particular emphasis on K-12 STEM education and building 21st century skills for 21st century jobs. These programs include BEST, a high school bioinformatics curriculum, GCode, a program to introduce coding to girls, and Data Jam where PSC participates in holding a high school competition in Big Data analytics.
- Government Relations at the state and local level
- PSC external communications through print, website and social media.
Held a variety of information technology management positions including
- Division Manager at the Alcoa Technical Center responsible for directing scientists and engineers working in computational modeling, visualization, applied statistics, artificial intelligence, and computing and network services
- Senior Manager in the Corporate IT group where she led a re-engineering effort to improve customer focus, project execution and adaptability to changing technology.
- Currently serves as Board President for Pittsburgh Musical Theater, a professional theater company and conservatory for young performing artists. During her tenure, the Company purchased and completed phase 1 renovations of a building to house their offices and studios; raised $1.7 M in its first capital campaign.
- Served on the Board, and was Board President for five years, for Pittsburgh Action Against Rape, a sexual assault crisis center.
- University of Pittsburgh M.S. Computer Science
- University of Pittsburgh B.S. Computer Science, Mathematics