A Bridges-2 Netbox Intern will collaborate with PSC’s Advanced Systems and Operations team to integrate the Netbox network inventory system into Bridges-2’s existing configuration management, node provisioning, virtual machine, and monitoring infrastructure using relevant REST APIs & other PSC resources.
Responsibilities may include:
- Using webhooks, have Netbox inform Puppet servers of relevant hardware & network configuration changes
- Using Netbox’s REST interface, extend PSC’s lycanthrope provisioning software with a data importer plugin that looks up relevant node information for the provisioning process
- Integrate Ovirt’s REST API and PSC’s resource grant allocation DB with Netbox, to enable at-a-glance understanding of which group is using what VM, and vital information (number of cores, memory, age, OS, etc) about that VM
Our internships offer the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable experience and knowledge research computing.
- Network with leaders in academia and industry to form valuable relationships.
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals and at prominent conferences.
Job Requirements Successful candidates will have the following:
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree. Examples of relevant majors are computer science, statistics, or any major with a significant computational/programming component.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration concepts or demonstrate willingness to learn.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience working with REST-based APIs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity.
Duration May 10, 2021 – through summer, with potential for extension.
Job Location Remote work, work must be conducted while in the United States
Salary Information Hourly rate
Work Period Up to 37.5 hours per week during the summer, and up to 20 hours per week during the academic year.
Minimum QPA 3.0/4.0
Apply Email resume to email@example.com