A Bioinformatics Software Intern will collaborate with PSC’s User Support team to create a more streamlined process for installing bioinformatics software on PSC’s newest computing platform, Bridges-2. This will be accomplished testing and documenting different alternatives using Singularity and Spack.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating containers in both Docker and Singularity.
- Thoroughly document the process for container creation.
- Contribute software and containers to the open source community.
Our internships offer the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable experience and knowledge in computational science and research computing.
- Network with leaders in academia and industry to form valuable relationships.
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals and at prominent conferences.
Job Requirements Successful candidates will have the following:
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree.Examples of relevant majors are computer science, statistics, or any major with a significant computational/programming component.
- Proficiency with Linux: shells, editors, building applications, etc.
- Completion of at least one undergraduate programming course using a major programing language (i.e. Python, Matlab, Java, Go, Rust)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity.
Duration May 10, 2021 – through summer, with potential for extension.
Job Location Remote work, work must be conducted while in the United States
Salary Information Hourly rate
Work Period Up to 37.5 hours per week during the summer, and up to 20 hours per week during the academic year.
Minimum QPA 3.0/4.0
Apply Email resume to email@example.com