Artificial Intelligence Internships
Job Type Preferred Artificial Intelligence
Job Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Level Undergraduate Student Employment
Start Date Any
Job Title Artificial Intelligence Intern
PSC is a national leader in converged artificial intelligence (AI), Big Data, and high-performance computing (HPC). Complementing PSC’s broad portfolio of activities, we engage with academic and private-sector researchers to develop innovative AI solutions in the life sciences and other fields, using futuristic technologies that are uniquely available at PSC.
AI interns will collaborate with the PSC’s AI & Big Data group and experts in data and computational science to advance projects applying AI to real-world challenges.
Responsibilities will be matched to the strongest applicants. Examples include:
- Configure and benchmark deep learning frameworks.
- Apply deep learning and machine learning to active areas of research.
- Develop data pipelines to enable the application of AI to previously unconnected datasets.
- Develop interactive dashboards and user interfaces to AI-assisted analyses.
- Develop AI training content.
Our internships offer the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable experience and knowledge in cutting-edge AI.
- Network with leaders in academia and industry to form valuable relationships.
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals and at prominent conferences.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree. Examples of relevant majors are computer science, statistics, or any major with a significant computational/programming component.
- Proficiency with Linux: shells, editors, building applications, etc.
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Caffe2, PyTorch, etc.).
- Proficiency with Python programming and package installation.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity.
Duration Summer and/or academic year.
Positions Available 4
Salary Information: Hourly rate
Up to 37.5 hours per week during the summer, and up to 20 hours per week during the academic year.
Student Employment Undergraduate students
How to Apply:
Submit a short statement to *************************** in the form of a cover letter to describe why you are qualified for the job and your interests along with a current resume.