|Papers by the Advanced Networking Group|
|Prior to 2001|
2013 - 2001
Andrew K. Adams and Adam J. Lee, "Combining Social Authentication and Untrusted Clouds for Private Location Sharing", in Proceedings of the 18th ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT), June 2013.
A. Adams, A.J. Lee, and D. Mosse, "Receipt-Mode Trust Negotiation: Efficient Authorization Through Outsourced Interactions" in Proceedings of the Sixth ACM Symposium on Information, Computer, and Communication Security (ASIACCS 2011), March 2011.[PDF]
- M. Mathis, "Reflections on the TCP Macroscopic Model", Computer Communication Review, volume 39, number 1, Jan 2009. [PDF]
- M. Mathis, J. Heffner, P. O'Neil, P. Siemsen, "Pathdiag: Automated TCP Diagnosis", PAM 2008. [PDF]
- C. Rapier and B. Bennett, "High speed bulk data transfer using the SSH protocol", MG '08: Proc. of 15th ACM Mardi Gras Conference. pp. 1-7, 2008.
- J. Heffner, M. Mathis, B. Chandler, "IPv4 Reassembly Errors at High Data Rates", Internet Standards Track RFC4963, July 2007. [RFC 4963]
- M. Matthis, J. Heffner, R. Raghunarayan, "TCP Extended Statistics MIB", Internet Standards Track RFC4898, May 2007. [RFC 4898]
- M. Matthis, J. Heffner, "Packetization Layer Path MTU Discovery", Internet Standards Track RFC4821, March 2007.[RFC 4821]
- C. Rapier, M. Stevens, Application Layer Network Window Management in the SSH Protocol
Presented at Supercomputing Conference 2004
- S. Uhlig, O. Bonaventure, V. Magnin, C. Rapier, and L. Deri, "Implications of the Topological Properties of Internet Traffic on Traffic Engineering", Proc. of ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (2004).
- S. Uhlig, O. Bonaventure, and C. Rapier, "3D-LD: A Graphical Wavelet-Based Method for Analyzing Scaling Processes", Proc. of ITC Specialist Seminar, pp. 329-336, 2003.
- M. Mathis, J. Heffner, R. Reddy, "Web100: Extended TCP Instrumentation for Research, Education and Diagnosis," ACM Computer Communications Review, Vol 33, (3), July 2003.
- N. Kelshikar, X. Zabulis, J. Mulligan, K. Daniilidis, V. Sawant, S. Sinha, T. Sparks, S. Larsen, H. Towles, K. Mayer-Patel, H. Fuchs, J. Urbanic, K. Benninger, R. Reddy and G. Huntoon, “Real-time Terascale Implementation of Tele-Immersion,” Workshop on Terascale Performance Analysis (ICCS 2003), Melbourne, Australia, June 2003.
- Dunigan, Mathis, Tierney, "A TCP Tuning Daemon", SuperComputing 2002.
- V. Paxson, A. Adams, " Experiences with NIMI," Proceeding of the 2002 Symposium on Applications and the Internet 2002, February 2002.
- A. Adams, M. Mathis, "A System for Flexible Network Performance Measurement," Proceedings of INET 2000, July 2000
- A. Adams, T. Bu, R. Caceres, N. Duffield, T. Friedman, J. Horowitz, F. Lo Presti, S.B. Moon, V. Paxson, D. Towsley, "The Use of End-to-end Multicast Measurements for Characterizing Internet Network Behavior," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 38, No. 5, May 2000.
- J. Semke, “ Implementation Issues of the Autotuning Fair Share Algorithm”, PSC Technical Report # CMU-PSC-TR-2000-0002, May 2000.
- J. Semke, “PSC TCP Kernel Monitor”, PSC Technical Report # CMU-PSC-TR-2000-0001, May 2000.
- V. Paxson, A. Adams, M. Mathis, " Experiences with NIMI," Proceedings of the Passive and Active Measurement Workshop 2000, April 2000.
- M.Allman, S.Dawkins, D.Glover, J.Griner, D.Tran, T.Henderson, J.Heidemann, J.Touch, H.Kruse, S.Ostermann, K.Scott, and J.Semke. “Ongoing TCP Research Related to Satellites.”Internet Request for Comments 2760 (rfc2760.txt), February 2000.
- M. Mathis, J. Semke, J. Mahdavi, K. Lahey, “The Rate-Halving Algorithm for TCP Congestion Control”, Draft, June, 1999.
- V. Paxson, M. Allman, S. Dawson, W. Fenner, J. Griner, I. Heavens, K. Lahey, J. Semke, B. Volz, “Known TCP Implementation Problems”, Internet Request for Comments 2525 (rfc2525.txt), March 1999.
- V. Paxson, J. Mahdavi, A. Adams, M. Mathis, “An Architecture for Large-Scale Internet Measurement”, IEEE Communications 36(8), pp 48-54, August 1998.
- A. Adams, J. Mahdavi, M. Mathis, V. Paxson, “Creating a Scalable Architecture for Internet Measurement”, Proceedings of INET’98, July 1998, Geneva, Switzerland.
- J. Semke, J. Mahdavi, M. Mathis, “Automatic TCP Buffer Tuning”, ACM SIGCOMM ‘98/ Computer Communication Review, volume 28, number 4, October 1998.
- V. Paxson, G. Almes, J. Mahdavi, M. Mathis, Framework for IP Performance Metrics, Internet Request for Comments 2330 (rfc2330.txt), May 1998.
- J. Mahdavi, “Enabling High Performance Data Transfers on Hosts: (Notes for Users and System Administrators)”, Technical note, Revised: December 1997.
- M. Mathis, J. Semke, J. Mahdavi, T. Ott, “The Macroscopic Behavior of the TCP Congestion Avoidance Algorithm”,Computer Communication Review, volume 27, number 3, pp. 67-82, July 1997.
- J. Mahdavi, M. Mathis, V. Paxson, “Creating a National Internet Measurement Infrastructure”, ISMA ‘97, May 1997.
- J. Mahdavi, S. Floyd, “TCP-Friendly Unicast Rate-Based Flow Control,” Technical note sent to the end2end-interest mailing list, January 8, 1997.
- F. Wimberly, M. Lambert, N. Nystrom, A. Ropelewski, W. Young, “Porting Third-Party Applications Packages to the CRAY T3D: Programming Issues and Scalability Results”, Parallel Computing, number 22, pp. 1073-1089, 1996.
- T.J.Ott, J.H.B. Kemperman and M. Mathis, “Window Size Behavior in TCP/IP with Constant Loss Probability”, November 1996. This paper is a revision of “The Stationary Behavior of Ideal TCP Congestion Avoidance” by the same authors.
- M. Mathis, J. Mahdavi, “ TCP Rate-Halving with Bounding Parameters”, Technical Note, October 1996.
- M. Mathis, J. Mahdavi, S. Floyd, and A. Romanow, “TCP Selective Acknowledgement Options”, Internet Request for Comments 2018 (rfc2018.txt) October 1996.
- M. Mathis, J. Mahdavi, “Forward Acknowledgment: Refining TCP Congestion Control,” Proceedings of SIGCOMM’96, pp. 281-191, August, 1996, Stanford, CA.
- Teunis J. Ott, J.H.B. Kemperman, and Matt Mathis, “The Stationary Behavior of Ideal TCP Congestion Avoidance”. Obtain draft via http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/ott96stationary.html, August 1996.
- M. Mathis, “Diagnosing Internet Congestion with a Transport Layer Performance Tool,” Proceedings of INET’96, June, 1996, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- M. Lambert, "A Model for Common Operational Statistics", Internet Request for Comments 1857 (rfc1857.txt), October 1995.
- M. Mathis, “Windowed Ping: An IP Layer Performance Diagnostic,” Computer Networks and ISDN Systems 27, 449-459 (1994).
- M. Mathis, “ Windowed Ping: An IP Level Performance Diagnostic”, Proceedings of INET’94, June 1994.
- D. Lambert, C. Catlett, R. Moore, G. L. Huntoon, et al., “MetaCenter Networking: A White Paper”, October, 1992.
- J. Mahdavi, G. L. Huntoon, M. B. Mathis, “Enhancements to a Heterogeneous Supercomputing Environment”, Proceedings of the ISMM International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems, pp. 308-309, October, 1992.
- R. Butler, B. Chinoy, M. Hallgren, G. Hastings, G. Huntoon, P. Love, M. Mathis, and P. Zawada, “The NSF Supercomputing Centers’ joint response to the Request for Public Comment … next generation of the NSFnet.”, August 3, 1992.
- J. Mahdavi, G. L. Huntoon, M. B. Mathis, “Deployment of a HIPPI-based Distributed Supercomputing Environment at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center,” Proceedings of the Workshop on Heterogeneous Processing, pp. 93-96, March 1992.
- Nydick et al, “An AFS Based Mass Storage System at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center,” 11th IEEE Symposium on Mass Storage Systems, October 7-19 1991, Monterey, CA.
- R. L. Clay, J. Mahdavi, G. J. McRae, “Scheduling in the Presence of Uncertainty: The Linear Assignment Problem,” Proceedings of AICHE National Meeting, August, 1991.
- J. C. Honig, D. Katz, M. Mathis, Y. Reckhter and J. Y. Yu, “Applications of the Border Gateway Protocol in the Internet”, June 1990, RFC1164 USC/Information Sciences Institute.