- Education: Bachelor's degree in a computational science discipline or in computer science or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience: Four or more years experience in a computational science discipline, computer science, or applied math. Four or more years demonstrated success in developing web-based platform solutions for real-world research problems in public health and systems science.
- Physical Mobility: Normally sedentary with some mobility; i.e., able to travel to other campus locations. Some travel will be required.
- Environmental Conditions: Work is normally performed in PSC's offices (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania). There is frequent close contact with CRT for long periods of time.
- Mental: Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet inflexible deadlines, remain calm during difficult situations, work under pressure and work with frequent interruptions.
- Other: Weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Education: Doctorate in a computational science discipline, computer science, or applied math, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience: Four or more years of industry or academic experience in developing scientific web-based applications with Python/Django and JQuery platforms, experience with data models and database programming, working with public health based applications, and attested substantial personal contributions to publications, awards, and grants for research in these fields.
- Mental: Ability to propose, be funded for, and execute original research.
Department URL: http://www.psc.edu
Job Function: Applications Developer
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Organization: PSC - PITTSBURGH SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Preferred Education Level: Master's Degree or equivalent
Please apply at http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/index.html.