- Education: BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Licenses: Valid U.S. driver's license;
- Experience: Four or more years of experience with Unix operating system environments and internals; familiarity with network concepts such as IP, TCP, routing, etc.
- Skills: Excellent analytical reasoning and innovative problem solving skills; ability to function well in a team environment and to interact and communicate well with other people. Demonstrated programming ability with either C or C++. Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to maintain accurate, detailed records.
- Physical Mobility: Ability to travel to a variety of locations (in Pittsburgh and throughout the US); ability to lift and carry 40 pounds; ability to stay at a computer and use a keyboard and mouse for extended periods.
- Environmental Conditions: Typical office setting; close contact with computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Mental: Ability to prioritize activities and meet firm deadlines; ability to work under pressure and to deal with difficult people and frequent interruptions.
- Other: Week-end and evening hours may be required
- Education: Master's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience: Experience with the Linux operating system; experience in all phases of application development; experience in an academic setting or high performance computing environment
- Skills: System administration of UNIX based platforms; ability to install and configure operating systems; ability to install and debug software packages; experience with web application development; experience with scripting languages (perl, python, etc.)
Department URL: http://www.psc.edu
Job Function: Applications Developer
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Organization: PSC - PITTSBURGH SUPERCOMPUTING CENTER
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Preferred Education Level: Master's Degree or equivalent
Please apply at http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/index.html